Since Eric is also working full-time at K&L, he has a scheduled call with our co-winemaker Katy each day to discuss each vineyard. This is great help to both of us when asking the usual "how was your day?" once both home at night.
Here's what is going on today:
- Sonoma Coast Chardonnay, Broadway: slowly bubbling away in barrel
- Russian River, Mill Station, Dutton Chardonnay: going to barrel for fermentation
- Sonoma Coast Chardonnay, Tolay Vista: settling and moving to barrel in a day or so for fermentation
- Anderson Valley, Pinot Noir, Nash Mill: just chilling on its skins
- Sonoma Coast, Pinot Noir, Thorn Ridge: being pressed tomorrow
- Anderson Valley, Pinot Noir, Helluva: still in cold soak. almost ready for pressing
- Knights Valley, Sauvignon Blanc, Blau: in tank waiting to be blended with...
- Sonoma Mountain, Sauvignon Blanc Alta Ridge: settling in tank and will be moved to a fermentation tank shortly. blended with Blau once fermentation is complete
- Sonoma Mountain, Pickberry Vineyard, Merlot: being picked Friday... be hand sorted, de-stemmed and left for a slow, cold soak
- Pickberry Cabernet, Sémillon & Cab Franc: probably be ready within the next 6-10 days, depending on mother nature
This is Our Story!
- Eric & Ali